CHORNOMORNDIPROEKT, SE carries out the investment feasibility studies and designs of sea harbours, shipyards and their separate facilities:
· approach channels and dredging the water areas, soil dumping;
· artificial territories (islands) creation in the coastal areas of sea littoral shelf;
· protecting structures (jetties, breakwaters);
· coast protecting structures;
· berthing structures (mooring dolphins both stiff and flexible, freight and passenger terminals, shiprepair docks and piers);
· ship-lifting structures (dry docks, vertical ship-lifts, installation of floating docks, slips, slides, railway slips);
· sea and river passenger terminals;
· ships navigation control systems in the port water areas, estuaries and rivers on the basis of modern technical facilities, i.e. radar units, radio stations and computer networks;
· ships navigation control centers, radio stations, sea mobile space services, radio beacons;
as well as special sections of designs:
· environmental protection (free air, basins, ground, the animal and plant world);
· noise and vibration protection;
· assessment of impact on the environment of the objects designed;
· identification and declaration of high – risk facilities;
· fire and security alarm system;
· corrosion protection of marine structures;
· construction management;
· cost estimates.
· The oldest ports of Odessa, Novorossiysk, Mariupol, Tuapse, Batumi and others, shipyards Odessa, Mariupol, Novorossiysk, Tuapse, Izmail, Kiliya had been redesigned and extended by the design documentation of CHORNOMORNDIPROEKT.
· The largest modern sea ports, terminals and shipyards have been built by the Institute's designs, as follows:
· Illyichevsk commercial seaport including 5 productive terminals:
2 container terminals, one ferry terminal for Ro-Ro vessels handling, and 23 freight terminals of total 4300 m length; the port water area depth is from 9,75 to 14,0 m; five auxiliary berths of 579 m total length.
· Yuzhniy commercial seaport for 12 mill. t annual capacity of bulk cargo handling (coal, ore, chemical fertilizers), and 4 mill. t annual capacity of liquid chemical cargo handling. Total quayline length is 1800 m, depth is to 15,00 m, approach channel depth is also 15,00 m. In outlook the port capacity will grow to 70-80 mill. tons a year.
· Oil terminal with 9 mill. t of crude oil annual capacity providing accommodation of 150000 DWT tankers, includes oil spills response site.
· Illychevsk Shipyard that carried out all kinds of repair and docking of large-capacity 60000-100000 DWT tankers, dry-cargo and combined ships. Its area is 53 ha and water area is 83 ha. Quayline length is 3000 m with 7,5 m and 9,75 m depth. Floating docks are of 60000 t and 30000 t capacity. Area of are of workshops and warehouses is over 120000 sq. m.
· Complex of facilities and structures for repair and docking of 100000-150000 DWT large-capacity ships with floating dock of 55000 tons capacity located in Novorossiysk Shipyard in newly created water area protected by a jetty of original patented design.
· Plant of manufacturing the large-capacity containers of international standard annually puts out 5000 of 20’ containers in Illyichevsk Shipyard, as well as an interharbor department in Illyichevsk Port for containers repair.
· Modern marine passenger terminals had been built in Odessa, Novorossiysk, Izmail, Sochi and Poti.
The Institute has extended considerably the field of its foreign activity developing design estimates for marine facilities construction in Estonia (Paldiski Nothern Harbour), Russia (the ports of Tuapse, Novorossiysk, Vostochniy, Ust`-Luga, Zhelesniy Rog; Novorossiysk Shipyard), Georgia (the ports of Poti, Batumi), Turkmenistan (Kiyanly Harbour), Guinea (Conakry Port). Moreover, the Institute has and experience of designing terminals in Cuba, Syria and Vietnam.
Among the recent works of the Institute are the following:
· Reconstruction of the berth ¹ 1 and the headings of the piers Nos.1, 2 (marine part) of K.M.G. Group (earlier JSC" Poti Shipbuilding Yard). Detailed design;
· Reconstruction of the PACE TERMINAL LLC freight terminal (port of Poti, Georgia) as regards coatings, engineering communications and facilities. Detailed design;
· Republic of Guinea. Design, contractor documentation for the construction of the berth purposed for loading bauxite onto the barges, and the marine part of the connecting (access) pier in the port of Tarres. Customer: COMPAGNIE DE BAUXITE ET D'ALUMINE DE DIAN-DIAN S.A. (COBAD S.A.), Conakry, Republic of Guinea.
For the period from 2010 to 2017, a large number of important objects for the marine has been developed, including:
For Yuhznyi branch of USPA (Ukrainian Sea Ports Administration) State Enterprise:
· Reconstruction of the terminal complex of Yuzhny Seaport berths Nos.5,6,7,8. Feasibility study;
· Reconstruction of the sea approach channel and inner water approaches to the deep-water berths of the port. Design;
· Reconstruction of the sea approach channel and inner water approaches to the deep-water berths of the port (development of a dump design for soils from capital and maintenance dredging of Yuzhny Seaport);
· Elaboration of the Master-Plan of Yuzhny Seaport Development in accordance with the protocol instructions of the port Yuzhny Council;
· Reconstruction of water approaches, maneuvering areas and operational water areas near the berths taking into account the future cargo turnover of Yuzhny seaport. Feasibility study;
· Reconstruction of water approaches, maneuvering areas and operational water areas near the berths taking into account the future cargo turnover of Yuzhny seaport in Yuzhnyi town of Odesa region. The first phase of construction;
· An extraordinary survey of berths Nos.5,6 of Yuhznyi branch of USPA State Enterprise;
· Survey of marine structures in order to identify a pattern of possible deformations in Yuhznyi branch of USPA State Enterprise;
For Yuzhnyi Commercial Seaport State Enterprise:
· Construction of a specialized bulk cargoes terminal in the port of Yuzhnyi. Feasibility study;
· Reconstruction of treatment facilities for industrial and storm drain waters of Yuzhny Seaport State Enterprise. Design and Contractor Documentation;
For TIS-CONTAINER TERMINAL LTD:
· The first survey cycle within observation of berths Nos.21-22 deformations.
For TIS-COAL LTD:
· Observation of the deformative condition of the berths Nos.19-20.
For Odesa Port Plant Public JSC:
· Engineering services (Determination of deformation condition of the landslide slope mass at the storage area of Odesa Port Plant Public JSC:
For Delta-Pilot branch of USPA State Enterprise:
· Construction of the 1st and the 2nd bends and a new section of the 3rd bend of Yuzhnyi Port sea approach channel.
For Black Sea Gate Terminal Ltd.:
· Design for specialized bulk cargo terminal construction in Yuzhnyi Port. Design stage.
For Mariupol branch of USPA State Enterprise:
· Reconstruction of the marine part of the berth No.4 of Mariupol Sea Port. Feasibility study, design, contractor documentation. The length of the berth is 225 m, the constructional depth at the quay line is 9.75 m.;
· Reconstruction of the marine part of the berth No.3 of Mariupol Sea Port. Feasibility study, design. Length of the berth is 145 m, the constructional depth at the quay line is 9.75 m (2015).
· Reconstruction of the marine part of the berth No.3 of Mariupol Sea Port. Feasibility study, design. Length of the berth is 145 m, the constructional depth at the quay line is 9.75 m (2017).
For Evrovneshtorg Ltd.:
· Construction of marine part of the berth No.4 of the Company Evrovneshtorg Ltd. Feasibility study, design, contractor documentation. The berth length is 280 m, constructional depth at quay line is 12.8 m.
For Berdiansk branch of USPA State Enterprise:
· Reconstruction of marine part of the berths Nos.6, 7, 8, 9 of Berdiansk Seaport. Fesibility study. Total length of the berths is 692 m, constructional depth at quay line is 8.4 m.
For Illyichivsk branch of USPA State Enterprise:
· Reconstruction of marine part of the berths Nos.7, 8 of Illyichivsk branch of USPA State Enterprise. Design.;
· Reconstruction of marine part of the berths No.2 of Illyichivsk branch of USPA State Enterprise. Fesibility study.;
· Reconstruction of the operational water area of Sukhoy Liman 1st basin of Illyichivsk branch of USPA State Enterprise including depth increasing to 15 m. Deisgn.
Among currently designed projects are:
Construction of a grain terminal at the address: Odessa region, Chornomorsk town, Malodolinske village.
The design provides for the construction of a berth for mooring ships of up to 90,000 tons deadweight, a silo warehouse for 354,000 tons of concurrent grain cargo storage, a car unloading station for 6 car unloaders, unloading stations on four unloading tracks, a grain quality laboratory, and facilities for administrative, domestic and auxiliary purposes.
The throughput capacity of the grain terminal to be about 5.0 million tons per year.
The first phase construction of the terminal is planned to be completed in 32 months.